Detailed structure and explanatory notes
SITC Rev.4 code 247Structure
- Section: 2 - Crude materials, inedible, except fuels
- Division: 24 - Cork and wood
- Group: 247 - Wood in the rough, whether or not stripped of bark or sapwood, or roughly squared
This Group is divided into the following Subgroups:
- 247.3 - Wood in the rough (whether or not stripped of bark or sapwood) or roughly squared, treated with paint, stains or other preservatives
- 247.4 - Wood of coniferous species, in the rough (whether or not stripped of bark or sapwood) or roughly squared, but not treated with paint, stains or other preservatives.
- 247.5 - Wood of non-coniferous species, in the rough (whether or not stripped of bark or sapwood) or roughly squared, but not treated with paint, stains or other preservatives of the following tropical woods:
Abura, Acajou d’Afrique, Afrormosia, Ako, Alan, Andiroba, Aningré, Avodiré, Azobé, Balau, Balsa, Bossé clair, Bossé foncé, Cativo, Cedro, Dabema, Dark Red Meranti, Dibétou, Doussié, Framiré, Freijo, Fromager, Fuma, Geronggang, Ilomba, Imbuia, Ipé, Iroko, Jaboty, Jelutong, Jequitiba, Jongkong, Kapur, Kempas, Keruing, Kosipo, Kotibé, Koto, Light Red Meranti, Limba, Louro, Maçaranduba, Mahogany, Makoré, Mandioqueira, Mansonia, Mengkulang, Meranti Bakau, Merawan, Merbau, Merpauh, Mersawa, Moabi, Niangon, Nyatoh, Obeche, Okoumé, Onzabili, Orey, Ovengkol, Pzogp. Padauk, Paldao, Palissandre de Guatemala, Palissandre de Para, Palissandre de Rio, Palissandre de Rose, Pau Amarelo, Pau Marfim, Pulai, Punah, Quaruba, Ramin, Sapelli, Saqui-Saqui, Spetir, Sipo, Sucupira, Suren, Tauari, Teak, Tiama, Tola, Virola, White Lauan, White Meranti, White Seraya, Yellow Meranti
- 247.9 - Woods in the rough or roughly squared, n.e.s.
No explanatory note available for this code.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.