|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.4 code 9499Structure
This class includes:
- activities of organizations not directly affiliated to a political party furthering a public cause or issue by means of public education, political influence, fund-raising etc.:
· citizens initiative or protest movements
· environmental and ecological movements
· organizations supporting community and educational facilities n.e.c.
· organizations for the protection and betterment of special groups, e.g. ethnic and minority groups
· associations for patriotic purposes, including war veterans' associations
- consumer associations
- automobile associations
- associations for the purpose of social acquaintanceship such as rotary clubs, lodges etc.
- associations of youth, young persons' associations, student associations, clubs and fraternities etc.
- associations for the pursuit of a cultural or recreational activity or hobby (other than sports or games), e.g. poetry, literature and book clubs, historical clubs, gardening clubs, film and photo clubs, music and art clubs, craft and collectors' clubs, social clubs, carnival clubs etc.
This class also includes:
- grant giving activities by membership organizations or others
This class excludes:
- activities of professional artistic groups or organizations, see 9000
- activities of sports clubs, see 9312
- activities of professional membership associations, see 9412
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.