|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.4 code 8890Structure
This class includes:
- social, counselling, welfare, refugee, referral and similar services which are delivered to individuals and families in their homes or elsewhere and carried out by public or by private organizations, disaster relief organizations and national or local self-help organizations and by specialists providing counselling services:
· welfare and guidance activities for children and adolescents
· adoption activities, activities for the prevention of cruelty to children and others
· household budget counselling, marriage and family guidance, credit and debt counselling services
· community and neighbourhood activities
· activities for disaster victims, refugees, immigrants etc., including temporary or extended shelter for them
· vocational rehabilitation and habilitation activities for unemployed persons provided that the education component is limited
· eligibility determination in connection with welfare aid, rent supplements or food stamps
· child day-care activities, including for handicapped children
· day facilities for the homeless and other socially weak groups
· charitable activities like fund-raising or other supporting activities aimed at social work
This class excludes:
- funding and administration of compulsory social security programmes, see 8430
- activities similar to those described in this class, but including accommodation, see 8790
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the Registry entries for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.