|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.4 code 8790Structure
This class includes the provision of residential and personal care services for persons, except the elderly and disabled, who are unable to fully care for themselves or who do not desire to live independently.
This class includes:
- activities provided on a round-the-clock basis directed to provide social assistance to children and special categories of persons with some limits on ability for self-care, but where medical treatment or education are not important elements:
· children's boarding homes and hostels
· temporary homeless shelters
· institutions that take care of unmarried mothers and their children
The activities may be carried out by public or private organizations.
This class also includes:
- activities of:
· halfway group homes for persons with social or personal problems
· halfway homes for delinquents and offenders
· disciplinary camps
This class excludes:
- funding and administration of compulsory social security programmes, see 8430
- activities of nursing care facilities, see 8710
- residential care activities for mental retardation, mental health and substance abuse, see 8720
- residential care activities for the elderly or disabled, see 8730
- adoption activities, see 8890
- short-term shelter activities for disaster victims, see 8890
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.