|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.4 code 8730Structure
This class includes the provision of residential and personal care services for the elderly and disabled who are unable to fully care for themselves and/or who do not desire to live independently. The care typically includes room, board, supervision, and assistance in daily living, such as housekeeping services. In some instances these units provide skilled nursing care for residents in separate on-site facilities.
This class includes:
- activities of:
· assisted-living facilities
· continuing care retirement communities
· homes for the elderly with minimal nursing care
· rest homes without nursing care
This class excludes:
- activities of homes for the elderly with nursing care, see 8710
- social work activities with accommodation where medical treatment or accommodation are not important elements, see 8790
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.