|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.4 code 8620Structure
This class includes:
- medical consultation and treatment in the field of general and specialized medicine by general practitioners and medical specialists and surgeons
- dental practice activities of a general or specialized nature, e.g. dentistry, endodontic and pediatric dentistry; oral pathology
- orthodontic activities
- family planning centres providing medical treatment, such as sterilization and termination of pregnancy, without accommodation
These activities can be carried out in private practice, group practices and in hospital outpatient clinics, and in clinics such as those attached to firms, schools, homes for the aged, labour organizations and fraternal organizations, as well as in patients' homes.
This class also includes:
- dental activities in operating rooms
- private consultants' services to inpatients
This class excludes:
- production of artificial teeth, denture and prosthetic appliances by dental laboratories, see 3250
- inpatient hospital activities, see 8610
- paramedical activities such as those of midwives, nurses and physiotherapists, see 8690
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the Registry entries for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.