|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.4 code 8610Structure
This class includes:
- short- or long-term hospital activities, i.e. medical, diagnostic and treatment activities, of general hospitals (e.g. community and regional hospitals, hospitals of non-profit organizations, university hospitals, military-base and prison hospitals) and specialized hospitals (e.g. mental health and substance abuse hospitals, hospitals for infectious diseases, maternity hospitals, specialized sanatoriums)
The activities are chiefly directed to inpatients, are carried out under the direct supervision of medical doctors and include:
· services of medical and paramedical staff
· services of laboratory and technical facilities, including radiologic and anaesthesiologic services
· emergency room services
· provision of operating room services, pharmacy services, food and other hospital services
· services of family planning centres providing medical treatment such as sterilization and termination of pregnancy, with accommodation
This class excludes:
- laboratory testing and inspection of all types of materials and products, except medical, see 7120
- veterinary activities, see 7500
- health activities for military personnel in the field, see 8422
- dental practice activities of a general or specialized nature, e.g. dentistry, endodontic and pediatric dentistry; oral pathology, orthodontic activities, see 8620
- private consultants' services to inpatients, see 8620
- medical laboratory testing, see 8690
- ambulance transport activities, see 8690
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.