|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.4 code 8522Structure
This class includes education typically emphasizing subject-matter specialization and instruction in both theoretical background and practical skills generally associated with present or prospective employment. The aim of a programme can vary from preparation for a general field of employment to a very specific job. Instruction may be provided in diverse settings, such as the unit's or client's training facilities, educational institutions, the workplace, or the home, and through correspondence, television, Internet, or other means.
This class includes:
- technical and vocational education below the level of higher education as defined in 853
This class also includes:
- instruction for tourist guides
- instruction for chefs, hoteliers and restaurateurs
- special education for handicapped students at this level
- cosmetology and barber schools
- computer repair training
- driving schools for occupational drivers e.g. of trucks, buses, coaches
This class excludes:
- technical and vocational education at post-secondary and university levels, see 8530
- adult education as defined in group 854
- performing art instruction for recreation, hobby and self-development purposes, see 8542
- automobile driving schools not intended for occupational drivers, see 8549
- job training forming part of social work activities without accommodation, see 8810, 8890
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
You can include contact info (optional)