|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.4 code 7740Structure
This class includes the activities of allowing others to use intellectual property products and similar products for which a royalty payment or licensing fee is paid to the owner of the product (i.e. the asset holder). The leasing of these products can take various forms, such as permission for reproduction, use in subsequent processes or products, operating businesses under a franchise etc. The current owners may or may not have created these products.
This class includes:
- leasing of intellectual property products (except copyrighted works, such as books or software)
- receiving royalties or licensing fees for the use of:
· patented entities
· trademarks or service marks
· brand names
· mineral exploration and evaluation
· franchise agreements
This class excludes:
- acquisition of rights and publishing, see divisions 58 and 59
- producing, reproducing and distributing copyrighted works (books, software, film), see divisions 58 and 59
- leasing of real estate, see group 681
- leasing of tangible products (assets), see groups 771, 772, 773
- renting of video tapes and disks, see 7722
- renting of books, see 7729
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.