|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.4 code 6110Structure
This class includes:
- operating, maintaining or providing access to facilities for the transmission of voice, data, text, sound and video using a wired telecommunications infrastructure, including:
· operating and maintaining switching and transmission facilities to provide point-to-point communications via landlines, microwave or a combination of landlines and satellite linkups
· operating of cable distribution systems (e.g. for distribution of data and television signals)
· furnishing telegraph and other non-vocal communications using own facilities
The transmission facilities that carry out these activities, may be based on a single technology or a combination of technologies.
This class also includes:
- purchasing access and network capacity from owners and operators of networks and providing telecommunications services using this capacity to businesses and households
- provision of Internet access by the operator of the wired infrastructure
This class excludes:
- telecommunications resellers, see 6190
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.