|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.4 code 5920Structure
This class includes:
- production of original (sound) master recordings, such as tapes, CDs
- sound recording service activities in a studio or elsewhere, including the production of taped (i.e. non-live) radio programming, audio for film, television etc.
- music publishing, i.e. activities of:
· acquiring and registering copyrights for musical compositions
· promoting, authorizing and using these compositions in recordings, radio, television, motion pictures, live performances, print and other media
· distributing sound recordings to wholesalers, retailers or directly to the public
Units engaged in these activities may own the copyright or act as administrator of the music copyrights on behalf of the copyright owners.
This class also includes:
- publishing of music and sheet books
This class excludes:
- reproduction from master copies of music or other sound recordings, see 1820
- wholesale of recorded audio tapes and disks, see 4649
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.