|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.4 code 5229Structure
This class includes:
- forwarding of freight
- arranging or organizing of transport operations by rail, road, sea or air
- organization of group and individual consignments (including pickup and delivery of goods and grouping of consignments)
- logistics activities, i.e. planning, designing and supporting operations of transportation, warehousing and distribution
- issue and procurement of transport documents and waybills
- activities of customs agents
- activities of sea-freight forwarders and air-cargo agents
- brokerage for ship and aircraft space
- goods-handling operations, e.g. temporary crating for the sole purpose of protecting the goods during transit, uncrating, sampling, weighing of goods
This class excludes:
- courier activities, see 5320
- provision of motor, marine, aviation and transport insurance, see 6512
- activities of travel agencies, see 7911
- activities of tour operators, see 7912
- tourist assistance activities, see 7990
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.