|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.4 code 3900Structure
This class includes:
- decontamination of soils and groundwater at the place of pollution, either in situ or ex situ, using e.g. mechanical, chemical or biological methods
- decontamination of industrial plants or sites, including nuclear plants and sites
- decontamination and cleaning up of surface water following accidental pollution, e.g. through collection of pollutants or through application of chemicals
- cleaning up of oil spills and other pollutions on land, in surface water, in ocean and seas, including coastal areas
- asbestos, lead paint, and other toxic material abatement
- clearing of landmines and the like (including detonation)
- other specialized pollution-control activities
This class excludes:
- treatment and disposal of non-hazardous waste, see 3821
- treatment and disposal of hazardous waste, see 3822
- outdoor sweeping and watering of streets etc., see 8129
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.