|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.4 code 3822Structure
This class includes the disposal and treatment prior to disposal of solid or non-solid hazardous waste, including waste that is explosive, oxidizing, flammable, toxic, irritant, carcinogenic, corrosive or infectious and other substances and preparations harmful for human health and environment.
This class includes:
- operation of facilities for treatment of hazardous waste
- treatment and disposal of toxic live or dead animals and other contaminated waste
- incineration of hazardous waste
- disposal of used goods such as refrigerators to eliminate harmful waste
- treatment, disposal and storage of radioactive nuclear waste including:
· treatment and disposal of transition radioactive waste, i.e. decaying within the period of transport, from hospitals
· encapsulation, preparation and other treatment of nuclear waste for storage
This class excludes:
- incineration of non-hazardous waste, see 3821
- decontamination, clean up of land, water; toxic material abatement, see 3900
- reprocessing of nuclear fuels, see 2011
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.