|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.4 code 3821Structure
This class includes the disposal, treatment prior to disposal and other treatment of solid or non-solid non-hazardous waste.
This class includes:
- operation of landfills for the disposal of non-hazardous waste
- disposal of non-hazardous waste by combustion or incineration or other methods, with or without the resulting production of electricity or steam, substitute fuels, biogas, ashes or other by-products for further use etc.
- treatment of organic waste for disposal
- production of compost from organic waste
This class excludes:
- incineration and combustion of hazardous waste, see 3822
- operation of facilities where commingled recoverable materials such as paper, plastics, used beverage cans and metals, are sorted into distinct categories, see 3830
- decontamination, clean up of land, water; toxic material abatement, see 3900
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.