|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.4 code 3600Structure
This class includes water collection, treatment and distribution activities for domestic and industrial needs. Collection of water from various sources, as well as distribution by various means is included.
The operation of irrigation canals is also included; however the provision of irrigation services through sprinklers, and similar agricultural support services, is not included.
This class includes:
- collection of water from rivers, lakes, wells etc.
- collection of rain water
- purification of water for water supply purposes
- treatment of water for industrial and other purposes
- desalting of sea or ground water to produce water as the principal product of interest
- distribution of water through mains, by trucks or other means
- operation of irrigation canals
This class excludes:
- operation of irrigation equipment for agricultural purposes, see 0161
- treatment of wastewater in order to prevent pollution, see 3700
- (long-distance) transport of water via pipelines, see 4930
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
You can include contact info (optional)