|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.4 code 3520Structure
This class includes the manufacture of gas and the distribution of natural or synthetic gas to the consumer through a system of mains. Gas marketers or brokers, which arrange the sale of natural gas over distribution systems operated by others, are included.
The separate operation of gas pipelines, typically done over long distances, connecting producers with distributors of gas, or between urban centers, is excluded from this class and classified with other pipeline transport activities.
This class includes:
- production of gas for the purpose of gas supply by carbonation of coal, from by-products of agriculture or from waste
- manufacture of gaseous fuels with a specified calorific value, by purification, blending and other processes from gases of various types including natural gas
- transportation, distribution and supply of gaseous fuels of all kinds through a system of mains
- sale of gas to the user through mains
- activities of gas brokers or agents that arrange the sale of gas over gas distribution systems operated by others
- commodity and transport capacity exchanges for gaseous fuels
This class excludes:
- operation of coke ovens, see 1910
- manufacture of refined petroleum products, see 1920
- manufacture of industrial gases, see 2011
- wholesale of gaseous fuels, see 4661
- retail sale of bottled gas, see 4773
- direct selling of fuel, see 4799
- (long-distance) transportation of gases by pipelines, see 4930
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
You can include contact info (optional)