|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.4 code 3250Structure
This class includes the manufacture of laboratory apparatus, surgical and medical instruments, surgical appliances and supplies, dental equipment and supplies, orthodontic goods, dentures and orthodontic appliances. Included is the manufacture of medical, dental and similar furniture, where the additional specific functions determine the purpose of the product, such as dentist's chairs with built-in hydraulic functions.
This class includes:
- manufacture of surgical drapes and sterile string and tissue
- manufacture of dental fillings and cements (except denture adhesives), dental wax and other dental plaster preparations
- manufacture of bone reconstruction cements
- manufacture of dental laboratory furnaces
- manufacture of laboratory ultrasonic cleaning machinery
- manufacture of laboratory sterilizers
- manufacture of laboratory type distilling apparatus, laboratory centrifuges
- manufacture of medical, surgical, dental or veterinary furniture, such as:
· operating tables
· examination tables
· hospital beds with mechanical fittings
· dentists' chairs
- manufacture of bone plates and screws, syringes, needles, catheters, cannulae, etc.
- manufacture of dental instruments (including dentists' chairs incorporating dental equipment)
- manufacture of artificial teeth, bridges, etc., made in dental labs
- manufacture of orthopedic and prosthetic devices
- manufacture of glass eyes
- manufacture of medical thermometers
- manufacture of ophthalmic goods, eyeglasses, sunglasses, lenses ground to prescription, contact lenses, safety goggles
This class excludes:
- manufacture of denture adhesives, see 2023
- manufacture of medical impregnated wadding, dressings etc., see 2100
- manufacture of electromedical and electrotherapeutic equipment, see 2660
- manufacture of wheelchairs, see 3092
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.