Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.4 code 281Structure
- Section: C - Manufacturing
- Division: 28 - Manufacture of machinery and equipment n.e.c.
- Group: 281 - Manufacture of general-purpose machinery
This Group is divided into the following Classes:
- 2811 - Manufacture of engines and turbines, except aircraft, vehicle and cycle engines
- 2812 - Manufacture of fluid power equipment
- 2813 - Manufacture of other pumps, compressors, taps and valves
- 2814 - Manufacture of bearings, gears, gearing and driving elements
- 2815 - Manufacture of ovens, furnaces and furnace burners
- 2816 - Manufacture of lifting and handling equipment
- 2817 - Manufacture of office machinery and equipment (except computers and peripheral equipment)
- 2818 - Manufacture of power-driven hand tools
- 2819 - Manufacture of other general-purpose machinery
This group includes the manufacture of general-purpose machinery, i.e. machinery that is being used in a wide range of ISIC industries. This can include the manufacture of components used in the manufacture of a variety of other machinery or the manufacture of machinery that support the operation of other businesses.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
You can include contact info (optional)