|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.4 code 2740Structure
This class includes the manufacture of electric light bulbs and tubes and parts and components thereof (except glass blanks for electric light bulbs), electric lighting fixtures and lighting fixture components (except current-carrying wiring devices).
This class includes:
- manufacture of discharge, incandescent, fluorescent, ultra-violet, infra-red etc. lamps, fixtures and bulbs
- manufacture of ceiling lighting fixtures
- manufacture of chandeliers
- manufacture of table lamps (i.e. lighting fixture)
- manufacture of Christmas tree lighting sets
- manufacture of electric fireplace logs
- manufacture of flashlights
- manufacture of electric insect lamps
- manufacture of lanterns (e.g. carbide, electric, gas, gasoline, kerosene)
- manufacture of spotlights
- manufacture of street lighting fixtures (except traffic signals)
- manufacture of lighting equipment for transportation equipment (e.g. for motor vehicles, aircraft, boats)
This class also includes:
- manufacture of non-electrical lighting equipment
This class excludes:
- manufacture of glassware and glass parts for lighting fixtures, see 2310
- manufacture of current-carrying wiring devices for lighting fixtures, see 2733
- manufacture of ceiling fans or bath fans with integrated lighting fixtures, see 2750
- manufacture of electrical signalling equipment such as traffic lights and pedestrian signalling equipment, see 2790
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.