|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.4 code 2651Structure
This class includes the manufacture of search, detection, navigation, guidance, aeronautical and nautical systems and instruments; automatic controls and regulators for applications, such as heating, air-conditioning, refrigeration and appliances; instruments and devices for measuring, displaying, indicating, recording, transmitting and controlling industrial process variables, such as temperature, humidity, pressure, vacuum, combustion, flow, level, viscosity, density, acidity, concentration and rotation; totalizing (i.e. registering) fluid meters and counting devices; instruments for measuring and testing the characteristics of electricity and electrical signals; instruments and instrumentation systems for laboratory analysis of the chemical or physical composition or concentration of samples of solid, fluid, gaseous or composite material and other measuring and testing instruments and parts thereof.
The manufacture of non-electric measuring, testing, navigating and control equipment (except simple mechanical tools) is included here.
This class includes:
- manufacture of aircraft engine instruments
- manufacture of automotive emissions testing equipment
- manufacture of meteorological instruments
- manufacture of physical properties testing and inspection equipment
- manufacture of polygraph machines
- manufacture of instruments for measuring and testing electricity and electrical signals (including for telecommunications)
- manufacture of radiation detection and monitoring instruments
- manufacture of electron and proton microscopes
- manufacture of surveying instruments
- manufacture of thermometers liquid-in-glass and bimetal types (except medical)
- manufacture of humidistats
- manufacture of hydronic limit controls
- manufacture of flame and burner control
- manufacture of spectrometers
- manufacture of pneumatic gauges
- manufacture of consumption meters (e.g. water, gas)
- manufacture of flow meters and counting devices
- manufacture of tally counters
- manufacture of mine detectors, pulse (signal) generators; metal detectors
- manufacture of search, detection, navigation, aeronautical and nautical equipment, including sonobuoys
- manufacture of radar equipment
- manufacture of GPS devices
- manufacture of environmental controls and automatic controls for appliances
- manufacture of measuring and recording equipment (e.g. flight recorders)
- manufacture of motion detectors
- manufacture of laboratory analytical instruments (e.g. blood analysis equipment)
- manufacture of laboratory scales, balances, incubators, and miscellaneous laboratory apparatus for measuring, testing, etc.
This class excludes:
- manufacture of telephone answering machines, see 2630
- manufacture of irradiation equipment, see 2660
- manufacture of optical measuring and checking devices and instruments (e.g. fire control equipment, photographic light meters, range finders), see 2670
- manufacture of optical positioning equipment, see 2670
- manufacture of dictating machines, see 2817
- manufacture of levels, tape measures and similar hand tools, machinists’ precision tools, see 2819
- manufacture of medical thermometers, see 3250
- installation of industrial process control equipment, see 3320
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the Registry entries for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.