|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.4 code 2630Structure
This class includes the manufacture of telephone and data communications equipment used to move signals electronically over wires or through the air such as radio and television broadcast and wireless communications equipment.
This class includes:
- manufacture of central office switching equipment
- manufacture of cordless telephones
- manufacture of private branch exchange (PBX) equipment
- manufacture of telephone and facsimile equipment, including telephone answering machines
- manufacture of data communications equipment, such as bridges, routers, and gateways
- manufacture of transmitting and receiving antenna
- manufacture of cable television equipment
- manufacture of pagers
- manufacture of cellular phones
- manufacture of mobile communication equipment
- manufacture of radio and television studio and broadcasting equipment, including television cameras
- manufacture of modems, carrier equipment
- manufacture of burglar and fire alarm systems, sending signals to a control station
- manufacture of radio and television transmitters
- manufacture of infrared devices (e.g. remote controls)
This class excludes:
- manufacture of computers and computer peripheral equipment, see 2620
- manufacture of consumer audio and video equipment, see 2640
- manufacture of electronic components and subassemblies used in communications equipment, see 2610
- manufacture of internal/external computer modems (PC-type), see 2610
- manufacture of electronic scoreboards, see 2790
- manufacture of traffic lights, see 2790
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.