|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.4 code 1399Structure
This class includes all activities related to the manufacture of textiles or textile products, not specified elsewhere in division 13 or 14, involving a large number of processes and a great variety of goods produced.
This class includes:
- manufacture of narrow woven fabrics, including fabrics consisting of warp without weft assembled by means of an adhesive
- manufacture of labels, badges etc.
- manufacture of ornamental trimmings: braids, tassels, pompons etc.
- manufacture of felt
- manufacture of tulles and other net fabrics, and of lace and embroidery, in the piece, in strips or in motifs
- manufacture of fabrics impregnated, coated, covered or laminated with plastics
- manufacture of metallized yarn or gimped yarn, rubber thread and cord covered with textile material, textile yarn or strip covered, impregnated, coated or sheathed with rubber or plastics
- manufacture of tyre cord fabric of high-tenacity man-made yarn
- manufacture of other treated or coated fabrics: tracing cloth, canvas prepared for use by painters, buckram and similar stiffened textile fabrics, fabrics coated with gum or amylaceous substances
- manufacture of diverse textile articles: textile wicks, incandescent gas mantles and tubular gas mantle fabric, hosepiping, transmission or conveyor belts or belting (whether or not reinforced with metal or other material), bolting cloth, straining cloth
- manufacture of automotive trimmings
- manufacture of pressure sensitive cloth-tape
- manufacture of artists' canvas boards and tracing cloth
- manufacture of shoe-lace, of textiles
- manufacture of powder puffs and mitts
This class excludes:
- manufacture of needle-loom felt floor coverings, see 1393
- manufacture of textile wadding and articles of wadding: sanitary towels, tampons etc., see 1709
- manufacture of transmission or conveyor belts of textile fabric, yarn or cord impregnated, coated, covered or laminated with rubber, where rubber is the chief constituent, see 2219
- manufacture of plates or sheets of cellular rubber or plastic combined with textiles for reinforcing purposes only, see 2219, 2220
- manufacture of cloth of woven metal wire, see 2599
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the Registry entries for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.