|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.4 code 0311Structure
This class includes:
- fishing on a commercial basis in ocean and coastal waters
- taking of marine crustaceans and molluscs
- whale catching
- taking of marine aquatic animals: turtles, sea squirts, tunicates, sea urchins etc.
This class also includes:
- activities of vessels engaged both in fishing and in processing and preserving of fish
- gathering of other marine organisms and materials: natural pearls, sponges, coral and algae
This class excludes:
- capturing of marine mammals, except whales, e.g. walruses, seals, see 0170
- processing of fish, crustaceans and molluscs on factory ships or in factories ashore, see 1020
- renting of pleasure boats with crew for sea and coastal water transport (e.g. for fishing cruises), see 5011
- fishing inspection, protection and patrol services, see 8423
- fishing practiced for sport or recreation and related services, see 9319
- operation of sport fishing preserves, see 9319
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
You can include contact info (optional)