|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
CPC Ver.2 code 89410Structure Notes
This subclass includes:
- processing services of metal waste and scrap and of metal articles, whether or not used, into secondary raw material. Typical input consists of waste and scrap being sorted or unsorted but always unfit for further direct use in an industrial process, whereas the output is made fit for further processing and is to be considered then as an intermediate good. A process is required, either mechanical or chemical. Examples are:
· mechanical crushing of metal waste such as used cars, washing machines, bikes, etc., with subsequent sorting and separation
· mechanical reduction of large iron pieces such as railway wagons
· stripping of used goods such as cars in order to obtain reusable parts
· stripping of used goods such as cars or refrigerators to strip them of harmful waste (oil, cooling liquid, fuel, etc.)
This subclass does not include:
- wholesale trade services in waste and scrap including collecting, sorting, packing, dealing, etc. without an industrial process, cf. 61295
- reprocessing services of depleted thorium or uranium, cf. 88421
- recycling on own account: whether still resulting in waste and scrap or new products, see corresponding subclasses of sections 0-4
This code corresponds to the following:
CPC V1.1 code(s) 89410
ISIC Rev.4 code(s) 3830
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the alphabetical index for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.