Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ICATUS code 09Structure Notes
This Major Division is divided into the following Divisions:
- Attendance of classes at all levels of instruction: pre-primary, primary, secondary, technical and vocational, higher education, extra or make up classes
- Literacy and other special programmes for handicapped children, adults, and other groups who have no opportunity to attend school
- Completing homework assignments, private studies, research, studying for examinations in relation to courses
- Attending short-term courses, seminars etc. in relation to one’s own professional development
- Travel to and from classes and school activities.
Exclusion: Training and studies in relation to a current job is classified under specific divisions in major divisions 01-05; courses related to hobbies, sports are classified under respective divisions in major divisions 12 and 13.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.