|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
Trial ICATUS code 05Structure Notes
This Major Division is divided into the following Divisions:
- All activities performed in relation to production of services by household enterprises for income.
- Paid domestic work.
- Activities performed in relation to acquiring inputs/supplies for work in service activities
- Participation in meetings/training and studies directly related to one’s work in service activities
- Activities related to seeking employment or the setting up of a business
- Travel to and from the workplace.
Note: In these divisions of activities it is assumed that working time arrangements are generally more informal or flexible compared to those in the formal sector. Thus, this major division does not include specific divisions for short breaks and for lunch breaks. Activities associated with such breaks from work are classified in the corresponding class; for example, eating snack/meals is classified under 15121- Eating meals/snack.
Exclusions: Services for own final use are not considered as work within the SNA production boundary and are classified under major division 05 and 06. Unpaid services rendered to other households or on a voluntary basis are classified under major division 07.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.