|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ICATUS code 01Structure Notes
This Major Division is divided into the following Divisions:
- All activities performed in relation to employment in corporations/quasi-corporations, non-profit institutions, and government
- Both paid and unpaid employment irrespective of the industrial sector of the activity and status in employment
- Work performed under apprenticeship, internship and on-the-job training programmes
- Short breaks during working hours and waiting due to delays at work
- Participation in training and studies on official time
- Activities that are not directly related to one’s job but are typically performed while at the workplace or within the block of time that constitutes one’s usual time in the workplace. These include idle time while waiting to begin work and shortly after work and lunch break or similar long breaks from work.
- Activities related to seeking employment or the setting up of a business
- Travel to and from the workplace
Note: The term "formal sector" shall refer to all institutional sectors other than the household sector.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
You can include contact info (optional)