|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ICATUS code 03Structure Notes
This Major Division is divided into the following Divisions:
- All activities performed in relation to production of non-primary goods by household enterprises whether for market or for own final use. A person’s activity is classified as production of non-primary goods if it is performed in relation to the manufacturing activities covered in ISIC divisions 15 to 37.
- Activities performed in relation to acquiring inputs/supplies for work and disposing of outputs.
- Participation in meetings/training and studies directly related to one’s work in non-primary production activities.
- Activities related to seeking employment or the setting up of a business
- Travel to and from the workplace
Note: In these divisions of activities it is assumed that working time arrangements are generally more informal or flexible compared to those in the formal sector. Thus, this major division does not include specific divisions for short breaks and for lunch breaks. Activities associated with such breaks from work are classified in the corresponding class; for example, eating snack/meals is classified under 15121- Eating meals/snack.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.