|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.3 code 7499Structure
Changes have been made to the original printed version. Check the Registry for details.
Last change: 4/9/1996
This class includes a great variety of service activities generally delivered to commercial clients. It involves:
- bill collecting, credit rating in connection with an individual's or firm's credit-worthiness or business practices.
- business brokerage activities, i.e. arranging for the purchase and sale of small and medium-sized businesses, including professional practices.
- appraisal activities other than for real estate and insurance.
- stenographic, duplicating and mailing activities, including typing and other secretarial activities such as transcribing from tapes, discs or belts, proof-reading, etc., copying, blue printing, multigraphing and similar activities; envelope addressing, stuffing, sealing and mailing, mailing list compilation, etc., including for advertising material.
- fashion design related to textiles, wearing apparel, shoes, jewellery, furniture and other interior decoration and other fashion goods.
- demonstration and exhibition activities.
- auctioning activities.
- editorial activities.
- translation and interpretation.
- microfilming activities.
- trading stamp activities.
- telephone answering activities.
Also included are activities carried on by agencies on behalf of individuals usually involving the obtaining of engagements in motion pictures, theatrical production or other entertainment or sports attractions and the placement of books, plays, artworks, photographs, etc., with publishers, producers, etc.
Exclusions: Extending credit through the use of credit cards is classified in class 6592 (Other credit granting).
Machinery and industrial design are classified in class 7421 (Architectural and engineering activities and related technical consultancy).
Display of advertisement and other advertising design is classified in class 7430 (Advertising).
Wholesale of used motor vehicles by auctioning is classified in class 5010 (Sale of motor vehicles).
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the alphabetical index for this code
Click here to see the Registry entries for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.