|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.3 code 3691Structure
This class includes production of worked pearls, i.e. pearls that have been ground to remove defects, drilled or sawn.
Production of precious and semi-precious stones (including diamonds) in the worked state (i.e. in a state beyond simply sawn, cleaned or bruted). Included is the working of industrial quality stones and synthetic or reconstructed precious or semi-precious stones.
- jewellery of precious metal, of precious or semi-precious stones, or of combinations of precious metal and precious or semi-precious stones.
- goldsmiths' articles of precious metals: dinnerware, flatware, hollowware, toilette articles, stationary articles for religious use, etc.
- parts of jewellery or goldsmiths' wares.
- technical or laboratory articles of precious metal (but not instruments or parts of instruments): crucibles, cupels, spatulas, platinum grill for use as a catalyst, electro-plating anodes.
- coin (including coin for use as legal tender), other coin, and medals and medallion, whether or not of precious metal.
Exclusions: Manufacture of dental fillings and sterile suture materials is classified in class 2423 (Manufacture of pharmaceuticals, medicinal chemicals and botanical products).
Manufacture of abrasives is classified in class 2699 (Manufacture of other non-metallic mineral products n.e.c.).
Manufacture of articles of base metal plated with precious metal is classified in the appropriate class of division 28 (Manufacture of fabricated metal products, except machinery and equipment).
Manufacture of watch cases and jewels for watches is classified in class 3330 (Manufacture of watches and clocks).
Manufacture of imitation jewellery is classified in class 3699 (Other manufacturing n.e.c.).
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the alphabetical index for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.