|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.3 code 3320Structure
This class includes manufacture of:
- optical elements of glass or of any other material (e.g. quartz, fluorspar, plastics or metal).
- prisms and lenses, mirrors constituting optical elements, colour filters, polarising elements, etc.
- opthalmic lenses including contact lenses.
- optical fibres and cables of optical fibres not individually sheathed.
- mounted optical elements.
- spectacle frames and frames fitted with lenses whether or not the lenses are optically worked: sunglasses, protective glasses and corrective glasses.
- optical instruments such as binoculars, monoculars, other optical telescopes and their mountings; optical astronomical instruments.
- compound optical microscopes including those for photomicrography and micro-projection.
- other optical appliances and instruments (e.g. telescopic sights for fitting to arms, machines or appliances; lasers other than laser diodes; hand magnifying glasses and magnifiers; mounted, optically worked, glass mirrors, door eyes).
- still or cinematographic cameras; cameras of all types for all purposes including those used to prepare printing plates, for underwater or aerial photography, or for producing microfilm or microfiche; cinematographic sound cameras.
- image projectors, enlargers and reducers including microfilm, microfiche or other microfilm readers.
- cinematographic projectors including those incorporating sound reproducing apparatus.
- discharge lamp ("electronic") and other flashlight apparatus, but not flashbulbs.
- apparatus and equipment for photographic (including cinematographic) laboratories.
- apparatus for the projection of circuit patterns on sensitized semi-conductor materials; projection screens.
Exclusions: Manufacture of photochemical products is classified in class 2429 (Manufacture of other chemical products n.e.c.).
Manufacture of unworked glass optical elements is classified in class 2610 (Manufacture of glass and glass products), but unworked optical elements of other materials remain classified in this class.
Manufacture of photo-copying apparatus incorporating an optical system or of the contact type and thermo-copying apparatus are classified in class 3000 (Manufacture of office, accounting and computing machinery).
Manufacture of optical fibre cables made up of individually sheathed fibres is classified in class 3130 (Manufacture of insulated wire and cable).
Manufacture of photographic flashbulbs is classified in class 3150 (Manufacture of electric lamps and lighting equipment).
Manufacture of television cameras is classified in class 3220 (Manufacture of television and radio transmitters and apparatus for line telephony and line telegraphy).
Manufacture of video cameras is classified in class 3230 (Manufacture of television and radio receivers, sound or video recording or reproducing apparatus, and associated goods).
Manufacture of medical and surgical instruments containing optical elements (e.g. endoscopes) is classified in class 3311 (Manufacture of medical and surgical equipment and orthopaedic appliances) and manufacture of measuring or checking appliances containing optical elements in class 3312 (Manufacture of instruments and appliances for measuring, checking, testing, navigating and other purposes, except industrial process control equipment), if for other uses (e.g. theodolites).
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the alphabetical index for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.