|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.3 code 3312Structure
This class includes manufacture of:
- sensitive balances.
- drawing marking-out or mathematical calculating instruments including instruments for measuring length for use in the hand (e.g. measuring rods and tapes, micrometers, callipers and gauges).
- microscopes other than optical microscopes and diffraction apparatus.
- apparatus for measuring and checking electrical quantities (e.g. oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers; and instruments for checking current, voltage, resistance) with or without a recording device.
- apparatus for measuring or checking non-electrical quantities (e.g. radiation detectors and counters, instruments and apparatus specially designed for telecommunications such as cross-talk meters and apparatus for testing and regulating vehicle motors).
- automatic regulating or controlling instruments and apparatus (e.g. thermostats, pressure controllers, level regulators, humidity regulators, oven-draught regulators; and automatic regulators of electrical quantities), except industrial process control equipment.
- navigational, meteorological, geophysical and related instruments and apparatus (e.g. surveying instruments such as theodolites) oceanographic or hydrological instruments, seismometers, rangefinders, automatic pilots, sextants, ultrasonic sounding instruments, and special instruments for air navigation.
- radar apparatus and radio remote control apparatus.
- electricity supply meters and supply meters for water or gas.
- machines and appliances for testing the physical properties of materials: machines and apparatus for testing hardness and other properties of metals; for testing wear and tear and other properties of textiles; aid for testing the physical properties of paper, linoleum, plastics, rubber, wood, concrete and other materials.
- instruments and apparatus for carrying out physical or chemical analyses (e.g. polarimeters, refractometers, colorimeters, Orsob's apparatus, pH-meters, viseometers, surface tension instruments).
- instruments and apparatus for measuring or checking the flow, level, pressure or other variables of liquids or gases (e.g. flow meters, level gauges, manometers, heat meters), except industrial process control equipment.
- other measuring, checking or testing instruments, apparatus or machines (e.g. hydrometers, thermometers, barometers, revolution counters, taximeters, pedometers, tachometers, balancing machines, test benches, comparators (including optical comparators and other optical-type measuring and checking appliances and instruments)), instruments for checking watches or watch parts, etc., except industrial process control equipment.
Exclusions: Manufacture of pumps incorporating measuring devices is classified in class 2912 (Manufacture of pumps, compressors, taps and valves).
Manufacture of medical and surgical instruments is classified in class 3311 (Manufacture of medical and surgical equipment and orthopaedic appliances).
Manufacture of industrial process control equipment is classified in class 3313.
Manufacture of binoculars, monoculars and similar optical devices is classified in class 3320 (Manufacture of optical instruments and photographic equipment).
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the alphabetical index for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
You can include contact info (optional)