|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.3 code 2927Structure
Changes have been made to the original printed version. Check the Registry for details.
Last change: 4/9/1996
This class includes manufacture of:
- tanks and other fighting vehicles including armoured cars, tank recovery vehicles and armoured supply vehicles.
- heavy weapons, artillery, mobile guns including railway mounted guns; rocket projectors and launchers; torpedo tubes, depth charge throwers; heavy machine guns, etc.
- small arms such as light machine guns, rifles, carbines, shot guns, revolvers or pistols. Small arms designed for use by the defence forces, the police, other organized services, or by hunters or sports persons.
- air or gas guns and pistols.
- firearms which fire blank cartridges, signal flares, captive-bolts and other non-projected firing pistols or other "guns".
- munitions for the weapons described above and for delivery by other means: bombs, grenades, torpedoes, mines, rockets and similar munitions of war; cartridges shot-gun shells and other ammunition; projectiles; military ballistic and guided missiles.
Exclusions: Manufacture of percussion caps, detonators or signalling flares is classified in class 2429 (Manufacture of other chemical products n.e.c.).
Manufacture of cutlasses, swords, bayonets and similar arms is classified in class 2893 (Manufacture of cutlery, hand tools and general hardware).
Manufacture of vehicles for the transport of bank notes or valuables, sometimes called "armoured cars", is classified in class 3410 (Manufacture of motor vehicles).
Missile silos are considered structures produced at the construction site and are therefore classified in class 4520 (Building of complete constructions or parts thereof; civil engineering).
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the alphabetical index for this code
Click here to see the Registry entries for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.