|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.3 code 2926Structure
This class includes manufacture of:
- machines for preparing textile fibres (natural or short man-made) up to the spinning stage and similar machines which prepare fibres for use as stuffing or for manufacture of felt or wadding: cotton gins, bale breakers, garnetters, cotton spreaders, wool scourers, wool carbonizers, combs, carders, roving frames, etc.
- spinning machines for converting rovings into yarn including machines to form double, multiple or cabled yarns.
- machines for preparing textile yarns for use on weaving machines (looms) or knitting machines: reelers, warpers and related machines.
- weaving machines (looms) including hand looms; knitting machines (flat or circular); machines for making knotted net, tulle, lace, braid and other special fabrics including gimped yarn.
- auxiliary machines or equipment for the machines described above: warp beam stands or creels, dobbies and Jacguards, shuttle changing mechanisms, automatic spool changers, wool degreasing agitators; and parts for the above machines such as slides, combs and slide bars; metallic healds, needles for knitting machines; shuttles for weaving machines; warping beams; spindles for braiding machines, etc.
- machinery for washing, bleaching, dyeing, dressing, finishing, coating or impregnating textile yarns or fabrics or made up textile articles; machines for applying paste to the base fabric or other support used in the manufacture of linoleum or similar floor coverings; machines for reeling, unreeling, folding, cutting or pinking textile fabrics.
- ironing machines including fusing presses.
- laundry-type washing and drying machines and dry-cleaning machines.
- sewing machines and sewing machine heads, whether or not for household use: machines for sewing together textile material, leather, furskins, etc., to produce apparel, shoes, embroidery, luggage, headgear, sacks, etc.
- sewing machine needles.
- machines for producing or finishing felt or non-wovens in the piece or in shapes, including machines for making felt hats.
- machinery for preparing, tanning or working hides, skins or leather, including de-hairing machines, fleshing machines, hammer mills and hammering machines, shaving machines, and finishers such as machines that brush, glaze or grain leather.
- machinery for making or repairing footwear or other articles of hides, skins, leather or furskins.
Exclusions: Manufacture of paper or paperboard cards for use on Jacquard machines is classified in class 2109 (Manufacture of other articles of paper and paperboard).
Manufacture of ironing machines of the calender type is classified in class 2919 (Manufacture of other general purpose machinery).
Manufacture of machines for producing wire net or wire cloth that operate on principles different from textile looms, is classified in class 2922 (Manufacture of machine-tools).
Manufacture of sewing machines used in bookbinding is classified in class 2929 (Manufacture of other special purpose machinery).
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the alphabetical index for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.