|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.3 code 2925Structure
Changes have been made to the original printed version. Check the Registry for details.
Last change: 09/04/1996
This class includes manufacture of:
- machinery chiefly employed by the dairy industry: cream separators; milk processing machinery (homogenizers and irradiators); milk converting machinery (butter churns, butter workers and moulding machines); cheese-making machines (homogenizers, moulders, presses).
- machinery chiefly employed by the grain milling industry: machinery to clean, sort or grade seed, grain or dried leguminous vegetables (winnowers, sieving belts, cyclone separators, aspirator separators, grain brushing machines and the like); machinery used to produce flour, meal or other ground products (grinding mills, "breaking" rolls or mills, feeders, sifters, bran cleaners, blenders, rice hullers, pea splitters, etc.).
- presses, crushers and similar machinery used to make wine, cider, fruit juices or similar beverages.
- machinery specialized for use in the bakery industry or for making macaroni, spaghetti or similar products: dough mixers, dough-dividers, moulders, slicers, cake depositing machines, etc.
- machinery plant or equipment, including electrically heated, for the treatment of food or drink by a change of temperature: milk pasteurizing, concentrating or cooking plant; vats for processing or curing cheese; for mashing, for concentrating or for other operations involving heating or cooling; autoclaves and plant for steaming, boiling, cooking, frying or drying food; non-electric bakery ovens.
- machinery for the extraction or preparation of animal or fixed vegetable fats or oils.
- machinery for the preparation of tobacco and for the making of cigarettes or cigars, or for pipe or chewing tobacco or snuff.
- machines and equipment to process food not elsewhere classified: machinery to make confectionery, cocoa or chocolate; to manufacture sugar; for breweries; to process meat or poultry (de-hairing or plucking, cutting or chopping, mincing or dicing, meat beating machines, etc.); to prepare fruit, nuts or vegetables; to prepare fish, shell fish or other sea-food; filtering or purifying machinery; other machinery for the industrial preparation or manufacture of food or drink.
Exclusions: Manufacture of vats and tanks not fitted with thermal or mechanical equipment is classified in class 2812 (Manufacture of tanks, reservoirs and containers of metal).
Manufacture of general purpose machinery is classified in the appropriate class of group 291: pumps or compressors -- 2912; packing and wrapping machinery, weighing machinery -- 2919 (Manufacture of other general purpose machinery).
Manufacture of cleaning, sorting or grading machinery for eggs, fruit or other crops except seeds, grains and dried leguminous vegetables is classified in class 2921 (Manufacture of agricultural and forestry machinery).
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the alphabetical index for this code
Click here to see the Registry entries for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.