|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.3 code 2922Structure
Changes have been made to the original printed version. Check the Registry for details.
Last change: 09/04/1996
This class includes manufacture of:
- machine-tools for working metal or other material such as wood, stone, cork, bones, hardened rubber, hard plastics, cold glass, etc.
- machine-tools for turning, drilling, milling, shaping, planing, boring, grinding or performing other operations.
- stamping or pressing machine-tools. Punch presses, hydraulic presses, hydraulic brakes, shears, slitters, breaks, drop-hammers, forging machines and so forth. Manufacture of draw-benches, thread rollers or machines for working wire.
- machine-tools of simple design (e.g. foot-operated kick-presses), of traditional design (e.g. manually controlled motor-driven), of advanced design (e.g. numerically controlled, multi-station transfer machines).
- machine tools for working any material by removal of material by laser beam or similar processes.
- machines for nailing, stapling, glueing or otherwise assembling wood, cork, bone, hard rubber, hard plastics or similar hard materials.
- gas or electric welding, brazing or soldering machines whether or not capable also of cutting metal. Included is manufacture of machines which use a laser or other light or photon beam, ultrasonic waves, an electron beam, a magnetic pulse or a plasma arc.
- tools for working in the hand with self-contained electric or non-electric motor or with pneumatic drive. Manufacture of rotary or rotary percussion drills, chain saws, filing machines, wire brush machines, hammers, riveters, sheet metal cutters among others.
- presses for the manufacture of particle board or fibre building board of wood or other ligneous materials and other machinery for treating wood or cork.
- parts and accessories for the machine-tools classified here such as work holders (chucks, face plates), dividing heads and other special attachments for machine-tools.
Exclusions: Manufacture of interchangeable tools for hand tools or machine-tools (drills, punches, dies, taps, milling cutters, turning tools, saw blades, cutting knives, and plates, sticks, tips and the like of sintered metal, carbides or cermets) is classified in class 2893 (Manufacture of cutlery, hand tools and general hardware).
Manufacture of machinery used in metal mills or foundries is classified in class 2923 (Manufacture of machinery for metallurgy).
Manufacture of machinery for mining and quarrying is classified in class 2924.
A rock drill that cannot be held in the hand during operation is considered to be manufactured in activity class 2924 (Manufacture of machinery for mining, quarrying and construction) but manufacture of a hand held pneumatic rock drill remains classified here.
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the alphabetical index for this code
Click here to see the Registry entries for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
You can include contact info (optional)