|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.3 code 2915Structure
This class includes manufacture of:
- machines for the mechanical handling of materials, goods or people other than over-the-road vehicles. Manufacture of simple as well as complex machinery; continuous or intermittent action machines; stationary as well as mobile machines; and machines integrally mounted on a wheeled chasis.
- pulley tackle and hoists; winches and capstans; and jacks.
- derricks; cranes, including cable cranes; mobile lifting frames, straddle carriers; works trucks whether or not fitted with a crane or other lifting or handling equipment, whether or not self-propelled, such as are found in factories, warehouses, dock areas, station platforms and elsewhere, including tractors for railway platforms.
- other lifting, handling, loading or unloading machinery (e.g. lifts, elevators, liquid elevators, conveyors, teleferics).
- parts specialized for lifting and handling equipment including buckets, shovels, grabs, but not bulldozer or angledozer blades.
Exclusions: Manufacture of internal combustion engines for lifting and handling equipment is classified in class 2911 (Manufacture of engines and turbines, except aircraft, vehicle and cycle engines).
Manufacture of tractors used in agriculture is classified in class 2921 (Manufacture of agricultural and forestry machinery).
Manufacture of construction equipment is classified in class 2924 (Manufacture of machinery for mining, quarrying and construction).
Manufacture of materials handling equipment specifically designed for underground use is also classified in class 2924.
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the alphabetical index for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.