|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.3 code 2899Structure
Changes have been made to the original printed version. Check the Registry for details.
Last change: 09/04/1996
This class includes manufacture of:
- metal fasteners: nails, rivets, tacks, pins, staples, washers and similar non-threaded products; and nuts, bolts, screws and other threaded products.
- screw machine products.
- metal cable, plaited bands and similar articles made of iron, steel, aluminium or copper.
- articles made of wire: barbed wire, wire fencing, grill, netting, cloth, etc.
- containers used for the packing or conveyance of goods: casks, drums, pails, cans, boxes, etc.
- springs including semi-finished springs for all purposes other than watch springs: leaf springs, helical springs, torsion bar springs, etc.
- hollow-ware, dinnerware or flatware whether or not of base metal plated with precious metal; fry-pans, sauce-pans and other metal cooking utensils.
- small hand-operated kitchen appliances used in preparation, conditioning or serving of food.
- metal sanitary ware including baths, sinks, wash basins and other metal sanitary and toilet articles whether or not enamelled.
- metal goods for office use, but not metal furniture.
- metal safety headgear.
- armoured or reinforced safes, strong-boxes, strong-room gates and doors and the like.
- railway or tramway track fixtures or fittings (e.g. assembled track, turntables, platform buffers, etc).
- cloth of woven metal wire.
- other metal goods not elsewhere classified including chain except power transmission chain, ships' propellers and blades therefor, anchors, bells, picture frames, flexible tubing, clasps, buckles, hooks, metal scouring pads, sign plates and so forth regardless of the metal employed.
Exclusions: Manufacture of containers for the storage or processing of materials is classified in class 2812 (Manufacture of tanks, reservoirs and containers of metal).
Manufacture of power transmission chain is classified in class 2913 (Manufacture of bearings, gears, gearing and driving elements).
Manufacture of metal furniture is classified in class 3610 (Manufacture of furniture).
Manufacture of sports goods is classified in class 3693.
Manufacture of games and toys is classified in class 3694.
Manufacture of cutlass, swords, bayonets and similar arms is classified in class 2893 (Manufacture of cutlery, hand tools and general hardware).
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the alphabetical index for this code
Click here to see the Registry entries for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.