Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.3 code 2893Structure
Changes have been made to the original printed version. Check the Registry for details.
Last change: 09/04/1996
This class includes the manufacture of:
- metal articles for use in and about the house: knives and knife blades; other articles of cutlery including cleavers and choppers, razors and razor blades, scissors and secateurs, hair clippers and nail clippers; spoons, forks, ladles, skimmers, fish-knives, tongs and other utensils for use at table or in the kitchen.
- hand tools of a kind used in agriculture, horticulture or forestry; of a kind used in carpentry, cabinet work or other woodwork; of a kind used for mechanical assembly work; of a kind used in sheet metal work; and in other trades.
- saws and sawblades including circular sawblades and chainsaw blades. Manufacture of knives and cutting blades for machines or for mechanical appliances.
- interchangeable tools for hand tools, whether or not power operated, or for machine tools: drills, punches, dies, milling cutters, unmounted tool tips, plates or sticks of sintered metal carbides or cermets, etc.
- blacksmiths' tools including forges and anvils. Manufacture of vices, clamps, blow lamps and the like.
- locks, padlocks, clasps, keys and other hardware for buildings, furniture, vehicles or other applications.
- cutlasses, swords, bayonets and similar arms.
Exclusions: Manufacture of hollow-ware, dinnerware or flatware is classified in class 2899 (Manufacture of other fabricated metal products n.e.c.) or, if of precious metal, in 3691 (Manufacture of jewellery and related articles).
Manufacture of power-driven hand tools is classified in class 2922 (Manufacture of machine-tools).
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the alphabetical index for this code
Click here to see the Registry entries for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
You can include contact info (optional)