|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.3 code 2710Structure
This class includes:
Operation of blast furnaces, steel converters, rolling and finishing mills.
Manufacture of primary iron and steel products, i.e. production of:
- primary ferrous metal products in granular or powder form or in the form of pigs, blocks, lumps or liquids from ore or scrap.
- iron of exceptional purity by electrolysis or other chemical processes.
- pig iron including spiegeleisen and ferro-alloys, and of sponge iron.
- steel by pneumatic or hearth processes.
- steel or alloy steel ingots.
- blooms, billets, slates, or other forms of semi-finished iron, steel or alloy steel.
- rolled, drawn, extruded or forged iron, steel or alloy steel products. The products may be subjected to treatment while hot or cold or may start hot and end cold. Products of the rolling, finishing and tube mills are sheets, plates, strip coils; bars and rods; hollow drill bars and rods; angles, shapes, sections and wire; tubes, pipes and hollow profiles of iron or steel, seamless, including cast, tubes, pipes and hollow profiles open seam or welded, riveted or similarly closed; railway and tramway track construction material, e.g. unassembled rails; and other finished iron or steel products.
Exclusions: Production of sintered iron ores is classified in class 1310 (Mining of iron ores).
Operation of independent coke ovens is classified in class 2310 (Manufacture of coke oven products).
Forging or casting operations carried out as part of the fabrication of a given type of goods are classified in the class manufacturing that type of goods.
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the alphabetical index for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
You can include contact info (optional)