|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.3 code 2610Structure
This class includes manufacture of glass in all its forms and articles of glass:
- glass in the mass and in other states whether or not worked including sheets, plates, tubes or rods. Manufacture of glass of different chemical composition including fused quartz and other fused silica. Manufacture of glass of different physical characteristics including wired, coloured, tinted, toughened or laminated.
- glass by casting, drawing, blowing, rolling or by the float or other process.
- articles of glass used in construction such as glass blocks; glass containers including lids and stoppers; glass envelopes including inners for various vessels; glass kitchen or tableware and glass used in the toilet, office or other places; laboratory, hygienic or pharmaceutical glassware; clock or watch glasses, optical glass and optical glass elements not optically worked, etc.
- glassware used in imitation jewellery (but not made-up imitation jewellery).
- glass fibres (including glass wool) and yarn of glass fibres. Manufacture of non-woven glass fabrics, mats, mattresses, boards and similar non-woven products.
Exclusions: Manufacture of woven fabric of glass yarn is classified in class 1711 (Preparation and spinning of textile fibres; weaving of textiles).
Manufacture of products of glass wool for heat-insulating is classified in class 2699 (Manufacture of other non-metallic mineral products n.e.c.).
Manufacture of optical fibre cables made up of individually sheathed fibres is classified in class 3130 (Manufacture of insulated wire and cable) and made up of not individually sheathed fibres in class 3320 (Manufacture of optical instruments and photographic equipment), respectively.
Manufacture of medical laboratory equipment including syringes is classified in class 3311 (Manufacture of medical and surgical equipment and orthopaedic appliances).
Manufacture of optical elements optically worked is classified in class 3320 (Manufacture of optical instruments and photographic equipment).
Manufacture of glass toys is classified in class 3694 (Manufacture of games and toys).
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the alphabetical index for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.