|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.3 code 2411Structure
Changes have been made to the original printed version. Check the Registry for details.
Last change: 09/04/1996
This class includes manufacture of:
- industrial gases including elemental gases; liquid or compressed air, acetylene, refrigerant gases, mixed industrial gases, etc.
- other chemical elements, except base metals, precious metals or radio active elements, isotopes and compounds for nuclear fuel.
- inorganic acids, except nitric acid.
- alkalis or other inorganic compounds such as inorganic pigments.
- basic organic chemicals: saturated and unsaturated acyclic and cylic hydrocarbons, benzene, toluene, xyline and other coal tar or mineral oil distillation products; acyclic alcohols; phenols and phenol-alcohols; methanol and higher alcohols (except ethyl alcohol); ketones or quinones; mono- or poly-carboxylic acids including acetic acid; amine-function compounds; nitrile-function compounds; or other organic compounds.
- colouring matter of vegetable or animal origin; synthetic organic dyestuffs.
- extraction of products by the distillation of wood.
- synthetic tanning agents.
- lyes and other basic chemicals not elsewhere classified.
Exclusions: Extraction of methane, ethane, butane or propane at a mine is classified in class 1110 (Extraction of crude petroleum and natural gas).
Ethyl alcohol production is classified in class 1551 (Distilling, rectifying and blending of spirits; ethyl alcohol production from fermented materials).
Production in a petroleum refinery of ethane, butane or propane is classified in class 2320 (Manufacture of refined petroleum products).
Manufacture of nitrogenous fertilizers and nitrogen compounds is classified in class 2412 (Manufacture of fertilizers and nitrogen compounds), even though such products may have uses other than as fertilizers.
Manufacture of plastics in primary forms and of synthetic rubber is classified in class 2413.
Manufacture of crude glycerol is classified in class 2424 (Manufacture of soap and detergents, cleaning and polishing preparations, perfumes and toilet preparations).
Manufacture of essential oils is classified in class 2429 (Manufacture of other chemical products n.e.c.).
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the alphabetical index for this code
Click here to see the Registry entries for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.