|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.3 code 1729Structure
This class includes all activities related to textiles or textile products, not specified elsewhere in division 17 (Manufacture of textiles) or 18 (Manufacture of wearing apparel; dressing and dyeing of fur) or anywhere else in this classification. A great number of different processes are involved and a great variety of goods are produced such as:
- narrow woven fabrics, including fabrics consisting of warp without weft assembled by means of an adhesive.
- labels, badges and similar articles of textile materials.
- ornamental trimmings: braids, tassels, pompons and similar articles.
- tulles and other net fabrics, lace in the piece, in strips or in motifs, embroidery.
- felt, including impregnated, coated, covered or laminated felt, and other non-woven fabrics including those in which plastics or rubber form the bonding substance but which are not the chief constituent.
- fabrics impregnated, coated, covered or laminated with plastics.
- wadding of textile materials and articles of wadding such as sanitary towels or tampons.
- metallised yarn or gimped yarn; rubber thread or cord covered with textile material; textile yarn or strip covered, impregnated, coated or sheathed with rubber or plastics.
- tyre cord fabric of high-tenacity man-made yarn; other treated or coated fabrics: tracing cloth; canvas prepared for use by painters; buckram and similar stiffened textile fabrics; fabrics coated with gum or amylaceous substances.
- textile wicks (woven, plaited or knitted); incandescent gas mantles and tubular gas mantle fabric; hosepiping and similar textile tubing with or without lining, armour or accessories of other materials; transmission or conveyor belts or belting whether or not reinforced with metal or other material; or other textile products or articles for technical uses such as bolting cloth, straining cloth, fabrics or felts used in paper making, and other special fabrics.
Exclusions: Manufacture of transmission or conveyor belts or belting of textile fabric or of textile yarn or cord impregnated, coated, covered or laminated with rubber is classified in class 2519 (Manufacture of other rubber products) when rubber is the chief constituent.
Manufacture of plates, sheets or strips of cellular rubber or cellular plastics combined with felt or non-wovens where the textile is present merely for reinforcing purposes, is classified in class 2519 (Manufacture of other rubber products) and 2520 (Manufacture of plastics products), respectively.
Manufacture of cloth of woven metal wire is classified in class 2899 (Manufacture of other fabricated metal products n.e.c.)
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the alphabetical index for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.