|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.3 code 3311Structure
This class includes manufacture of:
- instruments and appliances used in medical, surgical, dental or veterinary practice or science including electro-diagnostic apparatus such as electro-cardiographs, dental drill engines, opthalmic instruments including sight testing sets, syringes, with or without needles, needles used in medicine and other instruments and appliances including optical instruments such as mirrors and reflectors, endoscopes, etc.
- apparatus based on the use of X-rays or alpha, beta or gamma radiations, whether or not for use in human or animal medicine. Included is manufacture of X-ray tubes, high tension generators, control panels, desks, screens and the like.
- mechano-therapy appliances; massage apparatus; psychological testing apparatus; ozone therapy, oxygen therapy, artificial respiration or other therapeutic respiratory apparatus; other breathing appliances and gas masks other than simple protective masks.
- orthopaedic appliances including crutches, surgical belts and trusses, orthopaedic corsets and shoes; splints and other fracture appliances; appliances worn, carried or implanted (e.g. hearing aids or pace-makers).
- artificial teeth, artificial limbs and other artificial parts of the body.
- medical, surgical, dental or veterinary furniture such as operating tables, hospital beds with mechanical fittings, dentists' chairs and barbers' chairs with the same or similar movement capability.
Exclusions: Manufacture of surgical dressings, medicated wadding, fracture bandages, catgut, and other prepared sutures is classified in class 2423 (Manufacture of pharmaceuticals, medicinal chemicals and botanical products).
Manufacture of cements used in dentistry is also classified in class 2423.
Manufacture of thermometers is classified in class 3312 (Manufacture of instruments and appliances for measuring, checking, testing, navigating and other purposes, except industrial process control equipment).
Manufacture of corrective spectacle lenses and of their frames or of compound optical microscopes is classified in class 3320 (Manufacture of optical instruments and photographic equipment).
The activity of denture fitting by dentists or spectacles fitting by optometrists is classified in the appropriate class of group 851 (Human health activities).
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the alphabetical index for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
You can include contact info (optional)