|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.3 code 2929Structure
Changes have been made to the original printed version. Check the Registry for details.
Last change: 09/04/1996
This class includes manufacture of special purpose machinery and equipment not elsewhere classified, such as:
- machines for extruding, drawing, texturing, manufacturing or cutting man-made textile fibres, materials or yarns.
- machinery for working rubber or plastics or for the manufacture of products of these materials: extruders, moulders, pneumatic tyre making or retreading machines and other machines for making a specific rubber or plastics product such as gramophone records.
- machinery for the pulp, paper and paperboard industries: machinery employing heat specially designed for the pulp, paper and paperboard industries (e.g. digesters); cutters, grinders or crushers specially designed for preparing wood, bamboo, esparto, straw, rags, waste paper, etc., for pulp, paper or paperboard manufacture; machines that convert cellulose bearing materials to pulp (e.g. beaters, refiners, strainers); paper or paperboard making machinery; corrugating machinery; machinery for finishing paper or paperboard (e.g. coating machines, ruling machines, crêping machines).
- machinery for producing paper of a given size or shape or for producing articles such as envelopes, paper bags, boxes or cartons (e.g. slitters, rulers, perforators, die-cutters, folders, stockers, winders, paper cup making machines, paper pulp moulders).
- type-founding machinery (e.g. automatic type founders, type-casting machines); type-setting machinery (e.g. monotype machines, other keyboard machines for casting and setting type); printing type of wood, rubber, metal or plastics; machines for making impressed flongs, stereotyping plates, machines for acid etching plates and phototype-setting and composing machines); blocks, plates, cylinders and other printing components treated to render them suitable for engraving or impressing or engraved or impressed (e.g. lithographic stones, polished or grained metal cylinders, metal or plastics masters for use on offset machines, photogravure plates).
- printing machinery (e.g. ordinary presses, platen presses, cylinder presses, rotary presses and special printing machines such as screen printers, yarn printers, machines for printing on cork, clothing or other unusual materials); machines for uses ancillary to printing (e.g. stockers, feeders, folders, gummers, staplers).
- book-binding machinery including book-sewing machines and machines for assembling paper by means of metal or plastic spirals and page numbering machines.
- machinery for producing tiles, bricks, shaped ceramic pastes, pipes, graphite electrodes, blackboard chalk, foundry moulds, etc.
- moulding boxes for metal foundry; mould bases; moulding patterns; moulds for metal (other than ingot moulds), metal carbides, glass, mineral materials, rubber or plastics.
- centrifugal clothes driers; machines to assemble electric or electronic lamps, tubes (valves) or bulbs in glass envelopes; machines for production or hot-working of glass or glassware, glass fibre or yarn, e.g. glass rolling machinery; machinery or apparatus for isotopic separation.
- other special purpose machinery and equipment not elsewhere classified.
Exclusions: Manufacture of calenders (other than rolls for metal or glass) even if specially designed to work a particular material, is classified in class 2919 (Manufacture of other general purpose machinery).
Manufacture of machinery or equipment to work hard rubber, hard plastics or cold glass (chiefly machine-tools) is classified in class 2922 (Manufacture of machine-tool).
Manufacture of household appliances is classified in class 2930 (Manufacture of domestic appliances n.e.c.).
Manufacture of office duplicating equipment is classified in class 3000 (Manufacture of office, accounting and computing machinery).
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the alphabetical index for this code
Click here to see the Registry entries for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
You can include contact info (optional)