|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.3.1 code 9000Structure
This class includes:
- collecting and transporting of human waste water from one or several users, as well as rain water by means of sewerage networks, collectors, tanks and other means of transport (sewage vehicles etc.) and their treatment and disposal
- treatment of waste water by means of physical, chemical and biological processes like dilution, screening, filtering, sedimentation etc.
- treatment of waste water from swimming pools and from industry
- maintenance and cleaning of sewers and drains
- emptying and cleaning of cesspools and septic tanks, sinks and pits from sewage, servicing of chemical toilets
- collection of waste from households and enterprises by means of refuse bins, wheeled bins, containers etc.
- collection of refuse in litter-bins in public places
- collection of hazardous waste, used batteries, used cooking oils and fats etc.
- collection of used oil from shipment or garages
- collection of construction and demolition waste
- operation of waste collection centres
- waste disposal by incineration or by other means:
· dumping of refuse on land or in water, burial or ploughing-under of refuse
· treatment and disposal of transition radioactive waste, i.e. radioactive waste decaying within the period of transport, from hospitals etc.
- treatment and disposal of toxic live or dead animals and other contaminated waste
- disposal of used goods such as refrigerators to eliminate harmful waste
- decontamination of soils and groundwater at the place of pollution, either in situ or ex situ, using e.g. mechanical, chemical or biological methods
- decontamination and cleaning up of surface water following accidental pollution, e.g. through collection of pollutants or through application of chemicals
- cleaning up oil spills on land, in surface water, in ocean and seas, including coastal seas
- outdoor sweeping and watering of streets, squares, paths, markets, public gardens, parks etc.
- snow and ice clearing on highways, airport runways, including spreading of salt or sand etc.
- specialized other pollution-control activities
This class excludes:
- cleaning of ditches and pest control for the benefit of agriculture, see 0140
- treatment of residual food substances for manufacture of food products, see division 15
- treatment of slaughter waste to produce animal feeds, see 1533
- reprocessing of nuclear fuels and treatment of radioactive nuclear waste, see 2330
- composting of organic waste, see 2412
- processing food, beverages and tobacco waste into secondary raw material, see 3720
- purification of water for water supply purposes, see 4100
- stripping work of contaminated topsoil as part of construction activities, see 4510
- clearing of mines and the like (including detonation) from construction sites, see 4510
- construction and repair of sewer systems, see 4520
- treatment of waste and scrap without a real mechanical or chemical transformation process and for sale to third parties, such as dismantling of cars, machinery or computers or such as sorting or pressing of paper, textile, plastics, wood waste etc., see divisions 50-52
- collection of waste as part of wholesale of waste, see 5149
- transporting of polluted soil, already stripped off by third parties, see 6023
- technical testing and analysis, see 7422
- disinfecting and exterminating activities in buildings, see 7493
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the alphabetical index for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.