|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.3.1 code 7240Structure
The online distribution in this class refers to units exclusively engaged in the online distribution of content, but not to units where online publishing is done in addition to traditional forms of publishing. In this respect, this is an exception to the general rule on classifying units according to the share of value added.
This class includes:
- assembly of compilations of data from one or more sources
- provision of online access to proprietary databases
- online database publishing
- online directory and mailing list publishing
- other online publishing, including e-books
- web search portals
- Internet search sites, Internet game sites, Internet entertainment sites
This class excludes:
- online publishing combined with traditional publishing, see 221
- retail sale activities conducted over the Internet, see 5251
- publishing of database software, see 7221
- creation of database software or systems, see 7229
- operation of Internet gambling web sites, see 9249
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the alphabetical index for this code
Click here to see the Registry entries for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
You can include contact info (optional)