|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.3.1 code 3710Structure
This class includes:
- processing of metal waste and scrap and of metal articles into secondary raw material. Examples of mechanical or chemical transformation processes are:
· mechanical crushing of metal waste such as used cars, washing machines, bikes etc. with subsequent sorting and separation
· mechanical reduction of large iron pieces such as railway wagons
· shredding of metal waste, end-of-life vehicles etc.
· other methods of mechanical treatment as cutting, pressing to reduce the volume
This class excludes:
- manufacture of new final metals or new final metal products from (whether or not self-manufactured) secondary metal raw materials, see divisions 27 and 28
- car dismantling sites, demolition of machinery, computers in order to obtain reusable parts etc., including trade in second-hand spare parts, see divisions 50, 51 and 52
- disposal of used goods such as refrigerators to eliminate harmful waste, see 9000
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the alphabetical index for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
You can include contact info (optional)