|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.3.1 code 37Structure
Changes have been made to the original printed version. Check the Registry for details.
Last change: 8/4/2008
This Division is divided into the following Groups:
This division includes:
- processing of waste and scrap and other articles, whether used or not, into secondary raw material. A transformation process is required, either mechanical or chemical. It is typical that, in terms of commodities, input consists of waste and scrap, the input being sorted or unsorted but normally unfit for further direct use in an industrial process, whereas the output is made fit for direct use in an industrial manufacturing process. The resulting secondary raw material is to be considered an intermediate good, with a value, but is not a final new product.
This division excludes:
- manufacture of new final products from (whether or not self-manufactured) secondary raw material, see divisions 15 to 36
- wholesale of waste and scrap, including collecting, sorting, separating, stripping of used goods such as cars in order to obtain reusable parts, (re-)packing, storage and delivery, but without a real transformation process, see divisions 50, 51 and 52
- wholesale or retail sale of second-hand goods, see divisions 50 and 51, 5240
- treatment of waste, not for further use in an industrial manufacturing process, but with the aim of disposal, see 9000
Click here to see the Registry entries for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.